Camp Ducktails is offered once a week on Thursday for preschool children ages 4 and 5. Camp is based out of the Rec Hall in Spencer Conservation Area and goes from 9:00AM to 11:30PM. Each session a new nature topic is introduced. Campers will learn songs, go on nature hikes, and have story, craft, and snack times. A free camp T-shirt is included with the first registered session.
Camp Ducktails Price
- Boone County Resident $90 for all 5 sessions OR $20 per session
- Non-resident $110 for all 5 sessions OR $25 per session
- Scholarship $40 for full-summer (5 sessions) enrollment. No individual session scholarships.
- Deposit $50 for full summer/family. Individual sessions are paid in full at time of registration.
Limited scholarships for all camps are available to qualifying families.
:: 2019 Camp Ducktails Session Themes (ages 4 – 5)
- Session 1: June 27th – “Lunch for a Bear”
What does a bear eat? Not me! Or you! Campers will learn about the foods that black bears eat and will get a peek into a bear’s “lunchbox.”
- Session 2: July 11th – “Tracks!”
Who made these tracks? Tracks are one of the clues animals leave behind. Campers will explore animal tracks and make and compare tracks of their own.
- Session 3: July 18th – “Spider Web Wonders”
Are you afraid of spiders? You don’t need to be. They are here to help us! Campers will learn about spiders and spider webs. They will even get to make their very own web!
- Session 4: July 25th – “Backbone Bonanza”
What is a backbone? Do all animals have one? Do you? Campers will learn about animal backbones and the characteristics that distinguish them.
- Session 5: August 1st – “Wildlife Water Safari”
Everybody needs water and lots of animals and insects live in or near the water. Campers will learn why water is important to wildlife and what kinds of animals live near water.
No camp the week of July 4th.