Camp Ducktails is offered once a week on Thursday for preschool children ages 4 and 5. Camp is based out of the Rec Hall in Spencer Conservation Area and runs from 9:00AM to 11:30PM. Each session a new nature topic is introduced. Campers will go on nature walks, and have story, craft, and snack times. A free camp T-shirt is included with the first registered session.
Camp Ducktails Price
- Boone County Resident: $100 for all 5 sessions OR $25 per session
- Non-resident: $125 for all 5 sessions OR $30 per session
- Scholarship: $50 for full-summer (5 sessions) enrollment. Fill out Scholarship Form here
No individual session scholarships. DO NOT REGISTER FOR CAMP UNTIL YOUR SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN APPROVED! You will be notified via email.
Limited scholarships for all camps are available to qualifying families.
:: 2021 Camp Ducktails Session Themes (ages 4 – 5)
- Session 1: July 1st LUNCH FOR A BEAR
What does a bear eat? Not me! Or you! Campers will learn about the foods that black bears eat and will get a peek into a bear’s lunchbox.
- Session 2: July 15th TRACKS!
Who made these tracks? Tracks are one of the clues animals leave behind. Campers will explore animal tracks and make and compare tracks of their own.
- Session 3: July 22nd SPIDER WEB WONDERS
Are you afraid of spiders? You don’t need to be. They are here to help us! Campers will learn about spiders and spider webs. They will even get to make their very own web!
- Session 4: July 29th BACKBONE BONANZA
What is a backbone? Do all animals have one? Do you? Campers will learn about animal backbones and the characteristics that distinguish them.
- Session 5: August 5th WILDLIFE WATER SAFARI
Everybody needs water and lots of animals and insects live in or near the water. Campers will learn why water is important to wildlife and what kinds of animals live near water.