Camp Ducktails is offered once a week on Thursday for preschool children ages 4 and 5. Camp is based out of the Rec Hall in Spencer Conservation Area and runs from 9:00AM to 11:30PM. Each session a new nature topic is introduced. Campers will go on nature walks, and have story, craft, and snack times. A free camp T-shirt is included with the first registered session.
Camp Ducktails Price
- Boone County Resident $100 for all 5 sessions OR $25 per session
- Non-resident $125 for all 5 sessions OR $30 per session
- Scholarship $50 for full-summer (5 sessions) enrollment. No individual session scholarships.
- Deposit $50 for full summer/family. Individual sessions are paid in full at time of registration.
Limited scholarships for all camps are available to qualifying families.
DON’T GO BELOW THIS LINE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE REGISTRATION FORM AND MEDICAL FORM!!
:: 2020 Camp Ducktails Session Themes (ages 4 – 5)
- Session 1: June 25th WHO LIVES IN A TREE?
Ever wonder what it would be like to live in a tree? A tree is a home for many different animals. Trees provide food and shelter for many animals and for people. Find out who has their own “tree house.”
- Session 2: July 9th WHAT’S WILD?
Wild animals are called wildlife. They can take care of themselves. Animals that are not wild depend on humans to care for them. Would you want a mountain lion for a pet? Find out why it’s not a good idea.
- Session 3: July 16th OH DEER!
An animal’s habitat or home is a place that has the right kind of food, water, shelter, and space for it. We will learn what kind of habitat a deer needs to survive. We’ll even get to see a whole deer skeleton!
- Session 4: July 23rd HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT
Wild animals must learn to find food and avoid being eaten. They use camouflage to blend in or hide in plain sight. Do you like to play hide-n-seek? We’ll learn some expert tips from nature’s best hiders!