BCCD COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
- Shelters reservations are now closed for the season as well as several of our outlying sites. Refer to individual site pages for more information.
- Everyone needs to practice social distancing – follow all Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer and use it before and after touching any surface, such as benches, tables, garbage containers, or other similar surfaces.
- Be especially mindful if you are geocaching. Wear disposable gloves and sanitize all surfaces before and after touching. Wash your hands! Do not engage in this activity if you are experiencing any sign of illness.
- Keep all pets leashed and under control and come prepared to clean up after your pet.
- If you drive to a BCCD conservation area, please observe the number of vehicles in the parking areas. If 50% or more parking spaces are full please consider delaying your visit or going to a different conservation area.
- If you plan to attend a Board of Trustees meeting of the Boone County Conservation District, please advise us of your attendance at least twenty-four hours in advance by calling our office at (815)547-7935. This is necessary to provide proper distancing of six feet to meet the requirements of the State of Illinois, during all public meetings.
If you would like to donate to the Conservation District, please click on the button below. Your donations support our natural resource conservation projects and our many environmental education efforts. Thank you for your support of these vital programs!