Pioneers in Conservation
National Trails Day, June 4, 2022
Kinnikinnick Creek Conservation Area, 18388 Caledonia Road, Caledonia, IL 61011 click here for map
We invite the community to join us for a day of stewardship and education. Learn about the natural history and geology of this unique site. Help clear invasive plants, clear trails, and do a general spruce up. Join one of our plant ID hikes, a volunteer work crew, or one of our many informational sessions. There will be family activities and a “kids only” adventure!
What You Need to Know:
- Every vehicle will need a ticket to enter. It will be emailed to you once you complete the register form and pay the non-refundable parking fee.
- There is also an optional campout for a limited number of families with advance registration and a camping fee.
- Anyone needing handicapped parking will need to display a handicap placard.
- Bring a water bottle, insect repellent, and wear good walking shoes.
- This is an outdoor event, held rain or shine. The event will be postponed in the event of severe weather.
- Children participating in the Creek Stomping should bring water shoes (no flip flops, please!) and a change of clothes (just in case)
|9:00 am||Gates Open|
|10:00 am||Morning Sessions Begin||Download description here|
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break|
Food will be available for purchase from Big Jon's Dogs N' More
|1:00 pm||Afternoon Sessions Begin||Download description here|
|3:00 pm||Tour of the Lodge at Angelic Organics Learning Center|
Transportation will be provided for this tour.
|5:00 pm||Optional Campout|
Limited sites are available for people to participate in an overnight camping event for an additional fee of $25 per site. The tent site is 12 x 12 and only one tent will be allowed per site with a maximum of four people. You must provide your own tent and camping gear. Cooking is allowed on camp stoves only (not provided). Individual campfires will not be allowed. You must provide your own water for cooking, drinking, and washing.
|5:00 pm||Tent Set-up|
|6:00 pm||Dinner on your own|
|8:00 pm||Night Hikes & Astronomy|
|10:00 pm||Campfire & Marshmallows/Popcorn|
|7:00 am||Bird Hike|
|8:00 am||Nature Walk or Yoga|
Hot cocoa & Apple Cider Donuts donated by Edwards Apple Orchard
|9:00 am||Pack-up and Cleanup (Trash Challenge)|
|10:00 am||Program Ends|