Q: How do I sign up for a Hunter Safety Course?

A: The Hunter Safety Course is sponsored by the IL Dept. of Natural Resources and is taught by volunteer instructors. Visit their website at www.dnr.illinois.gov and click on “Mandatory Safety Programs.” You can view upcoming courses by county, as well as look up a lost safety card online.

Q: How do I register my watercraft and/or snowmobile?

A: Registration is issued through the state; the BCCD is local government and cannot process any boat or snowmobile registrations.You can also register online at www.dnr.state.il.us.

Q: Do you rent any equipment?

A: Fishing poles may be rented at the Roger D. Gustafson Nature Center Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. We do not sell bait. There is no cost to rent a fishing pole.

Q: Can I buy a hunting or fishing license?

A: No.

Q: I’m having problems with wildlife at my home. Can you come and remove them?

A: No, we do NOT trap or remove nuisance wildlife. If you have orphaned or injured wildlife, contact Hoo Haven at (815) 629-2212 or see their website at HooHaven.org.

Q: I have a specific question(s) about my garden plants. Who can help me?

A: Questions regarding ornamental and garden plants should be directed to a Master Gardener at the University of Illinois Extension Service at (815) 544-3710.

Q: What are your hours?

A: The Roger D. Gustafson Nature Center is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Conservation areas are open from one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset unless otherwise posted