Q: How do I sign up for a Hunter Safety Course?

A: The Hunter Safety Course is sponsored by the IL Dept. of Natural Resources and is taught by volunteer instructors. Visit their website at www.dnr.state.il.us and click on “Mandatory Safety Programs.” You can view upcoming courses by county, as well as look up a lost safety card online.

Q: How do I register my watercraft and/or snowmobile?

A: Registration is issued through the state; the BCCD is local government and cannot process any boat or snowmobile registrations. However, as a courtesy, we do supply the registration forms. The forms must be filled out completely and mailed to the Dept. of Natural Resources in Springfield. You can also register online at www.dnr.state.il.us.

Q: Do you rent any equipment?

A: Fishing poles may be rented at the Roger D. Gustafson Nature Center Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30 pm. We do not sell bait. There is no cost to rent a fishing pole.

Q: Can I buy a hunting or fishing license?

A: No, but Deer pins are  available at the Nature Center.

Q: I’m having problems with wildlife at my home. Can you come and remove them?

A: No, we do NOT trap or remove nuisance wildlife.

Q: I have a specific question(s) about my garden plants. Who can help me?

A: Questions regarding ornamental and garden plants should be directed to a Master Gardener at the University of Illinois Extension Service at (815) 544-3710.

Q: What are your hours?

A: The Roger D. Gustafson Nature Center is open Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Conservation areas are open from one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset unless otherwise posted