Dear Principals and Teachers,
The Boone County Conservation District would like to announce an opportunity to apply for our Science Literacy Grant! This grant is open to any elementary school teacher (K – 5) who attends our Outdoor Classroom Field Study program. Teachers may apply for any amount up to $500 per school, per calendar year to help them implement science education in their classroom.
Eligible Applicants: Classroom teachers whose students participate in BCCD Outdoor Classroom Field Study programs during the current academic year. Open to Boone County Schools only.
Eligible Costs: Proposals should focus on costs associated with implementing science education in the classroom through hands-on learning. Examples include: equipment, books, displays, program materials.
Ineligible Costs: Funds cannot be used for food, field trips, speakers, or expenses incurred prior to grant approval.
Deadline: Proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. Funds may be used during the current academic year up to the end of the following academic year.
Final Report: Teachers whose grants are funded must submit a post-grant report in a timely manner. If a final report is not submitted no future grants will be awarded to that teacher or to any other teacher from his/her school.
If awarded a grant:
- You will be notified within 30 days of receipt of application via email.
- Check will be mailed by date indicated on application.
- Grant projects must recognize BCCD in any press releases featuring resources purchased with grant money.
- You will be required to submit a post-grant report before the end of the academic year in which funds are used.
- Please include any photographs, publications, or press releases with your report.
Proposals must include:
- A completed application form signed by teacher and principal.
- A typed narrative that describes the project which includes the following:
- A detailed budget with cost and quantity of materials purchased with BCCD funds, any in-kind or matching funds, other funding sources (if applicable) and an explanation of budget items.
- A list of goals, objectives, anticipated outcomes and a general timeline for implementation of project.
An explanation of how project addresses the Next Generation Science Standards in your classroom.