Pioneers in Conservation
National Public Lands Day, September 24, 2022
Kinnikinnick Creek Conservation Area, 18388 Caledonia Road, Caledonia, IL 61011 click here for map
We invite the community to join us for a day of FUN and education. Learn cool stuff about the natural history and geology of this unique site. There will be family activities and a “kids only” adventure! You can choose to help collect native seeds for use at other conservation areas. Go on a hike to find native plants and animals here in Boone County with experienced guides. See different habitats and trails. Kids might even search for a sasquatch! Join one of our plant ID hikes, a volunteer project, or one of our many informational sessions. This will be a day to learn and have fun!Register Here
What You Need to Know:
- Every vehicle will need a ticket to enter. It will be emailed to you once you complete the registration form and pay the non-refundable parking fee.
- There is also an optional campout for a limited number of families with advance registration and a camping fee.
- Anyone needing handicapped parking will need to display a handicap placard.
- Bring a water bottle, insect repellent, and wear good walking shoes.
- This is an outdoor event, held rain or shine. The event will be postponed in the event of severe weather.
- Children participating in the Creek Stomping should bring water shoes (no flip flops, please!) and a change of clothes (just in case)
|9:00 am||Gates Open|
|10:00 am||Morning Sessions Begin||Morning Schedule|
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break|
Food will be available for purchase from Big Jon's Dogs N' More
|1:00 pm||Afternoon Sessions Begin||Afternoon Schedule|
|5:00 pm||Optional Campout|
Limited sites are available for people to participate in an overnight camping event for an additional fee of $25 per site. The tent site is 12 x 12 and only one tent will be allowed per site with a maximum of four people. You must provide your own tent and camping gear. Cooking is allowed on camp stoves only (not provided). Individual campfires will not be allowed. You must provide your own water for cooking, drinking, and washing.
|5:00 pm||Tent Set-up|
|6:00 pm||Dinner on your own|
|8:00 pm||Night Hikes & Astronomy|
|10:00 pm||Campfire & Marshmallows/Popcorn|
|7:00 am||Bird Hike|
|8:00 am||Nature Walk or Yoga|
Hot cocoa & Apple Cider Donuts donated by Edwards Apple Orchard
|9:00 am||Pack-up and Cleanup (Trash Challenge)|
|10:00 am||Program Ends|